Saturday, August 28, 2010

Herbie goes Top 40 ....The Horrors!! part 3


GASP!!
Say it isn't true!!
Herbie....Top 40!!
The Horrors of it All!!

Well it Had to happen. I finally gave in. But, I went kicking and screaming. And, I'd Do It again. Turned out....it was great fun. Ok.....I didn't Totally give in to evil....the evil that is Cheeze. I did give them Herbicidal Top 40. In my own way....and That's the only way I know How to give it. Don't hate me for the shape of my head....or the music in me. It just turned Out that way. I was Trying to give the dark and dirty....because it was a dark and dirty theme party....but the crowd that night just wasn't getting it....and what with the type of requests that I was getting .....I just decided to turn the program around....and let them have what they wanted, and give them the Herbicidal Hits....as it were. So, here's what really happened. Here's how the night turned out. Here's the last two sets of the night that comprised the last hour plus and then the come-down to the end. Which I loved. I Loved the come-down. Which....is mostly why I thought the night totally worked.

Don't get me wrong....it was a packed house....and they were ONIT....but it was a completely different crowd from the night before.....when they Did get the hard dark nastiness. (that will just have to be anOther podcast....soon.) But here ya go....the Herbie at the Top. The top of the bottom of the Top 40 charts....the songs that are always in the bag.....they just don't find their way out as often....I love it all. Great tunes....Great songs. Hope you Enjoy the Ride.

So....the scene of the crime....was my latest trip to Columbus OH when I played the Exile Bar. This time it was for the Gay Softball World Series....Hot Hot Hot....The room is hot and so was the crowd. You would so Love this Room. Ok...and the Men that make it home. HOT. I'm sure that the locals appreciate all the promotions and adventures that the Exile provides. This weekend they even had a portable 100 foot shower set up out back....With a mirror ball inside. I think it was because of the fact they had "Honey Wrestling," (Bears + Honey = Tasty Bears) but, who cares why....just the fact that they had a huge truck that was a Shower....wagwagwag. Not to mention they roasted a whole pig....oink. And, they had Me....and I let them Have It....and they love me. Or so they say ...(w). I do love BEing there....and they are putting a Lot into the space. Changing it up...and before it's all said and done....it will be even more fantastic. And Talk about friendly....boing. Fun all around. Stay tuned....as I'm going back soon. Tail waggin.....wagwagwagwag. So, If you R Ever in the Columbus area....Do stop in and give your best to Rob and all the handsome crew that keep the flames burning.

Ok....it wasn't That horrible....and you'll probably really like it....just take it like a man. After all....it Is Herbicidal.

Love all around
Herbie



No comments: