Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fridayland 8 2011 Part 1

Download Fridayland Part1.mp3
Right click and save (Windows)
Command Click and save (MAC)


Before I go out to work each time....I give thanks....and hand it all over to Love. Love pulls my records....and reads the night. I also Like to do a little musical meditation....Meaning that I will stop with dance music...and listen to something, usually classical. A short piece like a Rag Slow Drag. (*the Labeque Sisters) or one of my favorite Ravel or Lizst piano pieces....(*Pavane for a Dead Princess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocyCWh1rBw or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQ-H1PjrWQ&feature=relmfu or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPrdg2_xNg&feature=related or something Like them.....Something to clear my head and slow down my breathing....to suspend time briefly away from what is about to happen in the club. It gives me “Center”. Then....I try...to just pick out a first song....and let the night develop from there. Granted most times....I walk in and the computer program is playing some dreadful Grunge or 1990’s Techno....which I try to blend out with a breakdown. Then it’s everybody for themselves. You get what you get depending on how I read my crowds.

This night....the “crowd”...even the Early crowd....(*which was a Herbicidal Virgin crowd. Which I overheard talking as I was setting up...”oh that’s Herbie James....he’s Suppose to be good.”)...(*sly) So...I found my break to break In...and set out to “Train” them....again.
Herbicidal Addicts. Club seems to be getting a new cross-over metro crowd since like I’ve said before....We Do serve up one of the hottest Big little parties that happen on the drive each week. You’ll see when you get there.

Listening back though to the set....I see that the night was a bit about big synths...but you know they’ve been asking to get beat lately. (*and the Room has been sounding Much more....Thick....since we put the Rane in.) So, I Let ‘em ‘ave IT. By the first few songs...which by the way I apologize for, as I cut off about the first 20 mins....but, Hey....More reason you have to BE there soon. For a few Herbicidal Anthems....a few new hotties....I hook them...sexy Groove them....play ‘em things you May not hear anywhere else....they say. On Friday’s, I usually have critical mass by midnight and they stay till lights up late, which here, happens around about fifteen minutes from the end of part Four.

So, get ‘em, and put ‘em on the player....the disclavier whatever.....light a candle....dress for a sexxxy night out....(*or an underwear party.)...and crank up the Big knob to high....hoist a tall one....and get there when you can for the real thing. (deep breath before the plunge.)

Till then....Keep your heads to the sky. Call your mom. Support your Local DJ’s. Stop and Breathe. Be nice. Yabba Dabba Do.

Hope to see you all on a floor near you soon.
Love all around
Herbie

http://www.herbiejames.com
http://www.gayinternetradiolive.com

No comments: