Saturday, April 25, 2009

Black Sock Hop ....aka...BP On My Mind

Play/Download Black Sock Hop MP3
right click & save to Download (Windows)
Apple Click & save to Download (Mac)


Dear Prudence,

Go ahead and put the children to bed. As it's about to get dirty. I'm just giving you a heads up. This set is beats and groove as it should be at any dark and throbbing big room with a "Sex on their mind" crowd. And, you should already BE there when it starts, so go have a coupla strong shots or...! Lazers in hand. Flags and fans in your pocket. Even play dress up...wrap it and strap it so you "Feel" like a party. 'Cause this ain't no come up set. This is peak night, dirty, beat-down, nastiness. This was a set from the same night as Black Party. (Yes, I know I should've posted it right away, but I was actually up for Another party who wanted more vocals, and I didn't want to scare them. ps, I didn't get the party) So, I just figured that since I wasn't there, but I was spinning...that I would give my crowd some of what I was channeling from that energy. From the feeling that I was getting from hearing all the hype that was happening around the world because of that particular party. This set is chuggy, bumpy, nasty, electro, funkiness with a back room twist. Not to be confused with the uplifting Herbie. He's still around. They are one and the same. This is only one side of me. Not even to say that the whole night was like this. It wasn't. But these are the beats that came out of me as the crowd was building in the room. Like I said....I had BP on my mind, and was sorta wishing I could watch it happen. So this is how it happened from My booth this night. Dirty.

Now, I'm not going to pretend....as, I've never gotten anywhere Near to being at the real Black Party. The one in NYC. As I've said before, my plan of being everywhere all the time, isn't quite panning out the way that I had supposed it. You know the one, Me Jetsetting around the world, on tour with all my buddies, hitting all the "IN" seasons and parties. Don't get me wrong, I represent every chance I get. So, once again, no, I've never been to a NYC Black Party, but; I "Get IT". I "Get" the whole picture. I was privileged to get to The Saint back in the day. Legend!! I even loved all that music. I played a lot of it. And if you've followed my blogs in the past, you know that I love the "Journey". I love to come up and then down, during the course of an entire night. I love classic Songs. I live for harmonies and beautiful lyrics. But I also love the beat-down. And if, you are anywhere near South Florida and know my work in the clubs, you know that I'm always changing it up. And since I have a great weekly residency, two nights a week (Thursday and Friday), plus the alternate Saturdays. Well, that allows me to, over the course of a couple of nights, play through a lot of my music in my bags. On That note, there Lots OF IT. I like it all.

Now, keep in mind...that my "alleged" residencies...are at bar's with no dance floor to speak of. But, they are THE places in town to get laid. So duh, We get the "havin' it" crowds. And they are under my spell. A lot of my crowd are also the same ones that would be at BP. I get to play to them every week. Talk about spoiled. These men get some of the best of the best all week long. And I'm not only talking about the music. These places pour the best drinks...offer some of the craziest promotions....and is the only place in the county that has a DJ every night of the week. Or, is it Me that's spoiled?...hehe. I AM the one that gets all that free groping. Makes my tail wag... wagwagwagwagwag.

So, I hope you enjoy the funk of it all. I know I do. Now, go put on your thigh-highs, or what ever it takes for you to get your Freak ON...and turn it UP. (3D pictures not included).

Keep your head high. Hope to see you on a floor near me soon. Be Sure to stop by and touch base.
Love all around
Herbie

http://www.herbiejames.com

http://www.gayinternetradiolive.com

1 comment:

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

I ADORE YOU!!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥