Thursday, September 29, 2005

Love All Around.....

Hey Y’all,

I'm just a DJ ranting. Or is it Venting? Being a curious kind of guy....and I consider myself tolerant for Many reasons....
Alas....the 21st century.....the internet....curious....chat rooms about EVERYTHING.....GRRRRRRRRRRR! People, GET A GRIP. And As I am told constantly....."It is Not always about ME." None of us can "Have it our way" all the time. Sooner or later they're going to run out of pickles. I accept it....I adapt...I move on...I do what I do....I dress like I dress....I Say what's on my mind....I'm Honest.....ACCEPT me for what I am, do, look like, say! WHAT a concept! Does this make me a Hippie, a Democrat, a raver?....>) NO labels thank you. AND, DO THE SAME FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR. Trust me....you'll be a Lot happier if you do. Karma....It works.

So, I was on this site....and it seems people like to hear themselves type....You see, Everybody has an opinion.
I have an opinion. I have favorite songs....favorite bars I go to....favorite foods....on and on. It's how we attract our universe.....Which, believe it or not, becomes and attracts what WE like and love. Voila, the world in which we live. My plea....let your love shine. Be Proud of what you have become. Walk into the room like you own it....answer the phone like you love the person....let all those, that bump into Your Universe, see you enjoying yours.....likely they'll want to be part of it. You'll get laid more often......>).

So, these people were actually bitching that the DJ didn't play to my expectations. I've been, and still am, a DJ for over 25 years. I didn't mean to be a DJ for 25 years....it just sucked me in. I love it. You should SEE my record collection.....YES VINYL....morphing slowly into CD's. And I will probably always BE one of "Those" DJ's that are on the edge of new music. I was classically trained in Piano and Jazz composition...so my ear has always been melodic, and edgy. Even with dance music, my sets change night to night.....I get bored easily. It's why I do my homework to bring my crowd new music....new vibes....new words....and new beats every week/month or so.
So GIVE us and me some credit...Yes, I buy the music that I like....Yes, I play it in the order that I think works....Yes, I may Not play Your favorite song at The moment that You are peaking. Don't let that ruin your life OR the party. Let loose of the "What I expect it to be" ....enjoy the trip that I'm giving. Otherwise....and probably sooner than later.....YOU'RE going to be listening to the IPod or Napster Record label and ONLY getting what THEY think you should be listening / dancing to. EEK. Can you imagine?
Think about it....the world is getting smaller and smaller. Ob la Di Ob la Da life goes on without you.
LET"S DANCE like no one is watching. BE.

I'm having a great time in my life....I hope you are too.
See you on the dance floor.
Love all around
Herbie

No comments: