Monday, October 10, 2005

Fierceness Part 2

Hello Friends and (dare we say) Lovers,

Herbie here with yet another sample of how we do it here on Friday night….this being the second set of September 23rd putting it sometime around midnight to one thirty am. Just about the time that people have had a couple of “Ramrod” cocktails and that means that the shirts are coming off and pheromones are flowing high gear, and I’m pushing this little system to the, I’m not even going to go there, compressed limits……>)

First let me just tell you a thing about the cocktails that come off of this bar. Keep in mind we are packed and the three guys bartending the front bar (Red, Don, and John) and the one “Doing” the patio bar (Mark)…..are pouring drinks that are like…..Ok….Let’s just say that they pour a “Manly” drink…..(tail waggin’).

Second guessing myself again about which set I’m going to put up next, and listening to several even newer ones….I’ve decided to put up the second part of the 23rd because I am so enjoying re-listening to it myself. For one, it is peak night energy and I remember it as being a night that people were coming up as they were leaving that night and saying how great the night was. As it should be….wagwagwagwag…(Big Smile). So, this is how they do it in the big city, on Friday night, without a dance floor, on a system that is so compressed that I can sometimes not even play over the crowd, AND, after having a few of the cocktails that come off of “That bar”. Turns out ….it’s a great set, with a Lot of my favorite songs of the moment.

There you have it….the way I give it….and the way they “Get it”.

See you at the clubs
Love all around
Herbie

Friday Fierceness pt 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, I'm from Brazil. I listened to your podcast "firceness part2" and I liked a lot the set. I loved "The Other Side" (Paul Van Dik), around 60 minutes, could you please tell who made that remix? (llito@terra.com.br.) It is way better than the original. Thanks, great blog by the way. Take care and happy new year.