Friday, October 06, 2006

How I Come Up...

Play/Download "The Way I Come Up"

House Heads Arise!

As I have said before....Lately...I Try to record everything....which also includes listening to it, which is a job in itself. Annnnnd...as I have said before....I don't post it all because it would just be redundant....week to week. Annnnnd....There are so many sets to listen to....A lot of them Just Don't Hit me enough to say....Oh ...I want to hear that again. Annnd....If you've been reading all along.....you might remember that I have listed a few DJs that have influenced the way that I play. One of those being DJ Buc from Atlanta.

I had known Buc from the day when he worked for Steve Burman at the record store....and when he would play "Sleaze'" morning parties for him....called "Clan of the Handwavers"....during a time when you could play for hours at BELOW 120 BPMs...and people would Dance to it.....can you imagine ....how times change. Annnnnd....if you remember....I have mentioned that I Love to "Come Up" at the beginning of the night....and don't always get the chance. On this particular night....I went in the club ....feeling in a particular Buc-ian mood....and though the BPMs aren't slow....I think the mood of the night was set by that feeling. It's a set that I find myself listening to over and over and therefore feel it Needs to be the podcast at this time.

Also....know that this set represents my love for great vocals....sexy poolside beats...and I could play like this, and have....for hours. It Can go even deeper....imagine.

On that note.....enjoy the set....let me know if you "Get It." Not to worry....I Still Beat them....and I love that too....but there's a time and place for it all....so if you're out....and I'm starting here.....be patient....I'll get you there.....It's ALL about the Journey....Thanks Buc for teaching me that. ...and to all the other "Journey” DJs out there.....Keep Your Head to the Sky....Hands Waving.

Love All Around
Herbie

PS....All that "Annnnd" business.....is taken from "The Bar" by Robert Ashley....a Legendary piece of music on "Lovely" records. If you should have the notion. (I have the vinyl ANNND the CD, wagwagwagwag>

HerbieJames.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Herbie!! I don't even know where to start. A special big long handwave for you.. Seeing your posting prompted me to break out the endless pictures we Handwavers took during our house parties at Roddy Roys. I miss my friends so very much and cherish the memories of those magical evenings of dancing. The best dancers in the world traveled to Atlanta just to be a part of one of those very special handwaving moments. We spread a lot of love at a very sad time in most of our lives just by waving our hands over our heads in honor of those we missed and wanted to continue to share the dance with. I'm sure we have danced together and I'm so happy you carry on the music of BUC and
Steve. I look forward to listening to your music. Miss you BUC! Ed Adams

Unknown said...

Herbie, thanks for a reminder of just how special the Handwavers tried to make all in present feel.
i used to live just above BUC in Atlanta and i can tell you, BUC was music and i was a lucky listener. when the Handwavers threw parties we were in a magical place.(RODDY WORLD)(SANCTUARY) i hope you could feel the love we were tring to share with you.
I miss you BUC , i listen to your tapes and CD"S all the time. they take me the a happy place.
tony bennett