Saturday, March 31, 2012

The WMC 2012 Treatment pt 1

download WMC2012part1 mp3
right click and save to download


Winter Music Conference 2012


What can I possibly say about WMC that hasn’t already been printed, videoed, lived, survived; all of it Loved?  I have personally registered for 17 of them. (I still have the badge on lantern to prove it.  I was doing WMC when that badge made you a Club King.  When it had it’s start in Fort Lauderdale.  I have my picture (*eating breakfast at the Nervous Records “Denny’s” party, after coming back from a marathon party at Space, so ya know (w), in Mix Magazine.  I’ve even DJ’ed my fair share of WMC events....and have the flyers to prove it.  (not going to drop the names here.) Fun times. Lots and Lots of Great WMC stories to be told.  Feel free to send me some of yours. I’ll tell you some of Those stories next time we have lunch.


But, Musically.  The Thing....that I Love about WMC is.  No matter Where you go....What party you decide to endure. Or, which one you go to, to get you to the Next one.  There will Always be a DJ in charge....that is There because he/she Truly Loves the Music...the Process...the People....and he/she Will be intent on serving up something musical to connect the Creative, the Current, the Classic, and the Unique.  And he/she will Always try to make it so you walk away feeling like you have heard or experienced something that you will have not heard at any other event.  Something that you will want to say to others....”You Should’ve heard this set.”  And, they will Wish It.


That’s....what I try to bring to the weekend.  Hey, you Never know who could be listening.  So, I Test a Lot of new music during this time.  I play some Deep Classics to connect with times past.  Some styles that may not always be “Friday night”.  This is that set.  It’s live at the club....they are spoiled.  Fun times.


So, As My world spins....I hope our planets collide on a dancefloor near you soon.  Meantime, Stay tuned.  Call your mom....and spread some love all around.


Herbie


http://www.herbiejames.com

1 comment:

macelis said...

The disc jockeys djs in bocaratoncan be hired and best for all type of events and occasions djs in miami that can be managed andcarried o for your entirepurse. Make that happen and by doing fort lauderdale dj thatyou can get the best of services andfollowing djs in west palm beach it you can get a whole set of collectionsand other necessitiesthat comesalong with photo booth rental West Palm Beach the whole system.