Thursday, August 16, 2012

I AM....a Disc Jockey, I AM

download iamdiscjockeyiam3.mp3
right click and save to download



Ohhhh yes I AM.  I am also the Walrus...I am the Eggman....and, I have been assimilated...(they Did say you would be.)  I read some blogs.  I Am Big and I Am small.  My part is Big, and my part is small.  But it’s the Music that keeps me going.  Hey, hey, I’ve always been a dancer.  Learned my Realness on the sidewalks of the Mississippi delta...(grew up on Motown soul and funk).....danced Right On through to the Big clubs.  Loved me some Dj’s.  And, having Always loved music ...it was just Kismet that I was enabled to spin for some Legendary clubs and parties.  Thank you everyday Universe, for giving me the drummer inside.  And the “ear”.  (...and my Pencil cactus...and my piANo....and my(on and on.)...no Really!

So, Turns Out, that This set does..make me dance.  See if it does it for you.  Of Course I hope it does.  Because, inside my DJ head, shaped that it is; I try to please everyone, within the boundaries of what’s in the bag at the moment. And depending on the Who’s in the room, where I’ve taken them Before, the Requests coming in (yesss, I have been known to play them, don’t hate.) 

Some HerbieHistory...Some of you might know me from the DJ Store days. (15 years as a buyer.  Wow, Those were some days, as there were a Lot of famous And infamous people through all that.) Which makes me a giver...(w).  So, sitting here listening to the set.  This song is playing; and working me.  By DC Rodriquez, called “Crazy Freakin’ Maniac’, on System recordings.  ‘Bin of Fierceness’ approved.  Eme if you want a chart.

Anyways....it’s a short (i.e. edited) set...beCause....I took the “Podcasters Editorial Privilege; Provision 22; Act I, Verse two (with a chorus)” liberty...which states....”Podcaster, may feel free to edit some “Meat” out of said song, If he / she deems said song to be either...“too Much to endure the nastiness during a train crossing with the windows down.”....or “If it is So played Out that he / she feels you’ve already heard it enough to know the video moves and therefore don’t want / need to subject the driver Next to you, at a train crossing....to endure it.”  So, yes,...I edited out a bit of “meat” of that Kiki song, and that Fucking song....for just Those moments.  Forgive me if I have overstepped.

Meantime....This is still; Only a Very small Shot of how we DOIT in the little Big city.  Hope you’re assimilated by the experience.  Maybe it will enable Us to dance Together soon.  Till the next time.  Keep your heads to the sky....Call your Mother....Eat your fruits and veggies....and Stay Tuned.

Love all around
Herbie

http://www.herbiejames.com


No comments: