Wednesday, January 31, 2007

YOU Got ME Up

Play/Download: YOU Got ME Up

Listen Up,

Now, I've said before that when I am getting ready to go spin at the club.....I try to Always stop by the famed 'Wall O' Vinyl' and pull out a "Classic", or two, or three....to inspire me to higher and greater things....you know....MUSIC. Well this set is what came out from doing just that last week. Yet another fun note of fact....is...as I've said before....I'm inspired by various DJ's...one great contemporary being Danny Tenaglia. I've always "Felt" him....from afar I might add. So....the First track I pulled (Dajae "You Got Me Up") and the Last (D.T. "Bottom Heavy") are mixes of, or by him.

AHHHHHHHH....and Trumpets....and Choirs...and Light Shines bright as Doors Open.....(hehe.)

This time, upon listening to the mix a couple of times, I thought...I love the songs... the set is cohesive....and bears multiple listenings. It's got some Great classic songs, and some Wicked new ones. Signs of what I Call....a decent mix indeed. Know this too. Anytime I play music from the DJ booth...I'm "Talking" to my crowd. LISTEN. It's Songs...WITH Words. They have something to Say to you. So pay attention. I Love songs about Love, Uplifting, positive "Message" songs, and also Dirty, rub on it songs And beats. Every song, doesn't have lyrics...alas...Songs Without words...and They are there, to trancend you to the Next lyric...the Next level....Higher and higher...or Deeper and darker. There IS a method to my Madness...so I keep telling myself. Over and Over. Much like the 4/4 shuffle that moves me to do it. Wagwagwagwagwag.

"Short ideas...Repeated...Massage, The brain." (Robert Ashley)

Do ya "feel" me? I hope and pray that somebody....somewhere....Soon...will...and then....Watch out.
As I intend on unleashing the Herbicidal on you and yours...and trust...you Will "Feel IT". I can't Wait till it happens 'cause we're All, gonna have some fun then. Meantime...enjoy my new podcast. Look for me in a club near you. Stop by the booth and say Hi. I love when people hang with me. E me sometime, and let me Hear about what's in Your head. herbie@herbiejames.com Till the next time. Keep your head to the sky.

Love all around
Herbie

http://www.herbiejames.com

No comments: